Re: Speak Your Truth

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 23:09:02 -0400

"mAsterdam" <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> wrote in message news:413ce682$0$78749$e4fe514c_at_news.xs4all.nl...

> Every time I state what I see as a fact you may
> think of it as being prefixed/postfixed by "I think that", or IMO.
> When I *do* use those phrases it is an expression of
> the level of my doubts or maybe the shallowness of my
> knowledge in a certain area.

I'm with you on this one. Wasn't it Socrates that siad, "never say that this is so, but so it seems to me to be the thing I think I see"

There are times when I think I know "the truth".

 As an example, I'm pretty sure that the ER model is a data model. I think that's "the truth". The ER Model is also useful. That's "my truth", based on my experience.

 But about my view of the application as being one big capsule, that is decidedly not "the truth", or even "my truth". It is only my perspective based on my vantage point. Received on Tue Sep 07 2004 - 05:09:02 CEST

Original text of this message