Re: The IDS, the EDS and the DBMS

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 21:46:28 -0400

"Marshall Spight" <mspight_at_dnai.com> wrote in message news:X5H_c.35853$3l3.15891_at_attbi_s03...

> Here's a big point: the relational perspective pays a lot
> of attention to relations and relatively little to non-relations
> (objects, scalars, primitives, whatever.) The object perspective
> attends exclusively to objects, ignoring relations or
> attempting to build them up out of objects. Neither
> approach is sufficiently broad.

I was really interested a little while ago when someone showed us a class definition package or something that added the "tuple" to the C++ language. My mind began to wander... just think of it... somebody might come up with the idea of an "object class" that is a SET of tuples, complete with operators.

And then, and then... NAAAH! Received on Tue Sep 07 2004 - 03:46:28 CEST

Original text of this message