Re: The IDS, the EDS and the DBMS

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 16:58:47 -0400

> As I said, we need not
> a mapping but a unification.

On second thought, this is an excellent point.

I think that the OO people may reach this crossroads completely independently of the DBMS, when they come to using an app as an integrating device between two otherwise disjoint apps. If it sounds like I don't know what I'm talking about, well I don't.

But if you look at the discussion of dataphor in another thread, it seems to me that the whole drive behind that discussion comes from dataphor's role in intgreating data, not from its role in storing and retrieving data.

There is a paradox in this: you can hide information, and you can share information, but you can't do both with the same information at the same time. Received on Sun Sep 05 2004 - 22:58:47 CEST

Original text of this message