Database schemas

From: James <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 13:29:43 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I am a programmer who wants to understand more about databases. I believe I understand the basics ie Tables, relationships, keys, at least to a certain extent.

But my understanding of schema is limited. I just want to know where a schema fits in when creating databases, more a practical point of view, is it something only the DBA uses?, what's its purpose etc An overview more than anything so I can look into more detail if needed. I've read a number of descriptions on the web but I am not satisfied, as they go into details that i do not have a handle on such as conceptual, internal, external models...this is too much straight off, I need the basics more a starting point.

Thanks Received on Sun Sep 05 2004 - 15:29:43 CEST

Original text of this message