Re: Dr. Brown asserts databases are dead, dead as a dodo [was Re: First Impressions on Using Alphora's Dataphor]

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 03:27:22 -0400

"D Guntermann" <guntermann_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:I3EC9r.G28_at_news.boeing.com...

> Except that SQL is one of the strongest standards that I've encountered.
> It's universal and accepted. That is its one great strength.

Agreed.

> If your objective is to find a "growth technology", then I can't help you
> there; but there is something to be said about theory and knowledge for
> theory and knowledge's sake.

Agreed.

And there is also something to be said for theory and knowledge for the sake of getting a given job done right.
That is neither theory and knowledge for its own sake, nor is it measured using the yardstick of "growth technology." Received on Thu Sep 02 2004 - 09:27:22 CEST

Original text of this message