Re: First Impressions on Using Alphora's Dataphor

From: pstnotpd <schoenmakers_at_tpd.tno.nl>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 16:45:52 +0200

> As far as casting goes, I disagree. At least in the dialects of Pascal
> that I've used, if you cast, you leave fingerprints in the source code.
Are we talking about the same thing? It has been a while but I with C (type)casting I mean instructing the program to view an entity of one variable type as a different variable type. It was commonly used in my case to read file lines into an input buffer and cast it to different structures in one go. How would this fingerprint? Please explain, because I've never heard it used as such.

> I learned my first debugger in about 1962.
Way before my time I'm afraid ;-) Received on Wed Sep 01 2004 - 16:45:52 CEST

Original text of this message