Re: First Impressions on Using Alphora's Dataphor

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 09:23:42 -0400

"pstnotpd" <schoenmakers_at_tpd.tno.nl> wrote in message news:ch409h$p13$1_at_voyager.news.surf.net...

> I always heard that Betamax actually was better, but never took off due
> to the restrictions on 'adult' material, which could then only be viewed
> on VHS.

The story I heard was that Betamax delivered a better signal, but you couldn't fit a standard length movie on one cassette. The hassle of managing that, for the consumer, was the difference. And for renters, it was even worse.

> What does that say about C......? ;-)

At the time I was ready to make the jump, I had access to a machine with Pascal on it, so I made the natural choice. By the time I could choose between C and Pascal, I had become accustomed to strong typing. For the life of me, I've never been able to grasp why strong typing didn't catch on in the C and C++ languages.

On the other hand, C offers you the chance to get cAmEl_CaSe symbolic names wrong. Great. Received on Wed Sep 01 2004 - 15:23:42 CEST

Original text of this message