Re: First Impressions on Using Alphora's Dataphor

From: Peter Koch Larsen <pklspam_at_mailme.dk>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:11:21 +0200

"Nathan Allan" <nathan_at_alphora.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:fedf3d42.0408291030.1641800f_at_posting.google.com...
> Peter,
>
> > Why? You only need the operator "same as" (is it "=" or "==" on
Alphora?) to
> > remove duplicates. I would probably implement duplicate removal using
some
> > kind of hashing.
>
> The equal operator in Dataphor is "=" (assignment is ":="). Yes,
> hashing is an excellent duplicate removal mechanism, but thus far
> Dataphor only uses BTrees (and therefore requires ordering).

Okay. This then is one of the places where the model is influenced by the implementation, which is quite unlucky imho. With respect to your comment on BTrees, i believed Alphora to be implemented on top of SQL... therefore i do not understand your explanation. Could you elaborate?

> Regards,
>
> --
> Nathan Allan
> Alphora

Kind regards
Peter Received on Tue Aug 31 2004 - 15:11:21 CEST

Original text of this message