How to do a difference on two sets from same table?

From: Dan <dan_at_nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:23:39 -0500

Hi,

Say I have a sales history table that has the following fields: custid, invoicedate, prodid, quantity, cost, sale. And that I want to select sales records where invoicedate is between 5/1/04 and 8/31/04 and where these are new sales for each customer, meaning that the customer did not buy the prodid in the period 1/1/04 to 4/30/04. I know conceptually that this is a difference between two sets based on custid+prodid but I don't know how to express this in SQL. Please help.

TIA,
Dan Received on Fri Aug 27 2004 - 15:23:39 CDT