Re: How to model searchable properties of an entity

From: Jan Hidders <jan.hidders_at_REMOVETHIS.pandora.be>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:21:26 GMT

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:05:21 +0000, Bernard Peek wrote:

> I have a sneaking suspicion that there is a grand unifying theory that
> covers both OO and relational theory.

As a PhD student I made a small attempt at unifying the relational model, the ER model and the complex-object model. It kinda worked, but I never was really completely satisifed with the end result. It did reveal to some extent where there is some fundamental friction between these different data models. If you're interested check out my PhD thesis or my paper at ICDT 2003.

  • Jan Hidders