Re: How to model searchable properties of an entity

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:21:01 -0400

"mAsterdam" <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> wrote in message news:41231c36$0$48933$e4fe514c_at_news.xs4all.nl...

> ... and hide the base tables.

I think you are onto something here. The idea needs work, but it's potentially so powerful that it could result in a useful synthesis between object centered thinking and data centered thinking. I encourage you to develop this further.

> There will be very weird searches possible.

Yes. That's always true. But we should not focus all our design effort on the most unexpected searches.

If the truly wierd (or perhaps "truly novel") uses of the data take more time and effort than the expected uses of the data, that's probably appropriate. Received on Wed Aug 18 2004 - 16:21:01 CEST

Original text of this message