Re: A Normalization Question

From: Alan <not.me_at_uhuh.rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:47:38 GMT

"Gene Wirchenko" <genew_at_mail.ocis.net> wrote in message news:ochbg011hu0f5otcu4i1cr8altg7df6g4o_at_4ax.com...
> "Alan" <not.me_at_uhuh.rcn.com> wrote:
>
> >"Gene Wirchenko" <genew_at_mail.ocis.net> wrote in message
> >> Hugo Kornelis <hugo_at_pe_NO_rFact.in_SPAM_fo> wrote:
>
> [snip]

> >> You need a mainframe for that sort of storage.
> >>
> >> [snip]
>
> >You need a really old mainframe, like a UNIVAC IV. Although there is room
> >for a person, it does get a little hot inside the CPU.
>
> Please remember that this is comp.databases.THEORY. Your quibble
> is over an IMPLEMENTATION detail.

Yes, of course. I must have slipped on some logic that was removed from the table and fell to the floor, slipped on it, hit my head, and forgot what we

were talking about. I am beginning to feel normalized now. I hope I don't
neo to see a doctor. I mean I hope I don't need to see Dr. Neo. He'll put me
into the Xdb machine and normalize me into my basic atoms. All that will be
left is an atom each of carbon, oxygen, and some others. No, wait, there would be just the letters c,a,r,b,o,n,x,y,g,e, and maybe some others. Helllllp!!!!!!

Wait! I just remembered that my HMO won't pay for Xdb normalization. Whew! That was close... Received on Wed Jul 28 2004 - 01:47:38 CEST

Original text of this message