Re: A Normalization Question

From: Hugo Kornelis <hugo_at_pe_NO_rFact.in_SPAM_fo>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 01:01:55 +0200

On 24 Jul 2004 16:12:52 -0700, Neo wrote:

>> > www.xdb2.com/Basic/Name.asp
>>
>> Is that supposed to be an answer? A hierarchy showing that the name
>> "bob" can be decomposed into "b", "o" and "b"? Mindblowing...
>
>If it isn't mindblowing (an I am not contending it is), why is
>everyone else in this thread up in arm about normalizing down to level
>of logical symbols? Please prove them wrong, by showing an equivalent
>implementation in RM (that is every string normalized, and every
>symbol in every string normalized). Also, please show them it isn't
>mindblowing by providing an equivalent of
>www.xdb2.com/Example/ThingsNamedBrown.asp and
>www.xdb2.com/Example/BoxProperties.asp in as normalized manner (that
>is down to symbols).

Hi Neo,

I'm back from my holiday and I see you've still not paid your debt. Isn't it funny to ask people to "show this and that in RM" without first paying me the $1,000 you once offered for a similar task?

        http://tinyurl.com/yvm5g

By the way, I just noticed that your website includes a large part of the script I provided. You seem to forget that I hold the copyright for this code. I never granted you permission to use this code on your web site or for any other means than to check my claim for the $1,000. And until you pay your debt, I will not grant you that permission. I'll recheck your website in a day or two; if my code isn't removed from your site by then I'll have to consider taking legal steps.

Best, Hugo

--

(Remove _NO_ and _SPAM_ to get my e-mail address)