Re: A Normalization Question

From: Larry Coon <lcnospam_at_assist.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:14:44 -0700

Neo wrote:

> Er, let's try again. I claim the string 'brown' is a fact. You say its
> not. You say "A fact is a true proposition." I say the string 'brown'
> is a true proposition that being: The string 'brown' is composed of
> the symbols 'b', 'r', 'o', 'w' and 'n' in that order. Or in a simpler
> form: 'brown' is composed of 'b', 'r', 'o', 'w' and 'n' in that order.

This would be true only if the following two things are semantically equivalent:

"brown"

"'brown is composed of 'b', 'r', 'o', 'w' and 'n' in that order."

But they are not semantically equivalent.

Larry Coon
University of California Received on Thu Jul 15 2004 - 00:14:44 CEST

Original text of this message