Re: A Normalization Question

From: Stefan Nobis <stefan_at_snobis.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:48:37 +0200

neo55592_at_hotmail.com (Neo) writes:

> One can represent a quantity at the logical level in words ('ten'),
> hex ('A'), decimal('10.0'), bits('1010'), etc and how these are stored
> at the hardware level is irrelevant. A human brain represents all of

Then why should anyone care about the physical represantation of quantities like a (hair) color, a street name or the like? Isn't it irrelevant, if those are stored as one symbol (say chinese script) or a string like "brown". On the logical level this is irrelevant and so we don't have redundant data at the logical level in your example.

--
Stefan.