Re: Interesting papers

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: 21 Jun 2004 05:38:35 -0700

hungrylion2002_at_yahoo.ca (HungryLion) wrote in message news:<df89bd03.0406200004.6ff55475_at_posting.google.com>...

> > It's very sad that few people in IT nowadays know really (and I really
> > mean "really") nothing about any of the principles of CS...
>
> CS? They call it 'informatics' in the newer texts.

In many european coutries 'informatics' is the common term.

> I regret informing you that "business rules" are obsolete.

Very funny :)

> I will stop here because it should be obvious by now that Cambridge
> University Press has finally come to its senses and will stop
> publishing junk like "Practical Foundations of Mathematics" by Paul
> Taylor with all those funny-looking symbols that market-driven
> professionals like Sadiq and Racca simply don't need.

This is not the first time they publish junk. Here is another example:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0521785197/103-2099926-6987843?v=glance

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Mon Jun 21 2004 - 14:38:35 CEST

Original text of this message