Re: In an RDBMS, what does "Data" mean?

From: Eric Kaun <ekaun_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:57:49 GMT

"Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com> wrote in message news:calje9$qd6$1_at_news.netins.net...
> Logic as a branch of mathematics most definitely requires axioms. --dawn

I'll posit that it doesn't; I would regard mathematics as a derivation of (wrong term, I know) logic. Logic is a system or metasystem of symbolic manipulation, and can be applied to many different "maths".

As I think of it, I'd say math has axioms and logic doesn't, and derives its power for precisely that reason; it can be applied to different sets of axioms. At least that's how I've always thought of it... I could be dead wrong, and would expect this to be contested.