Re: One Ring to Bind Them

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:55:03 -0400

"Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com> wrote in message news:can9nq$q7r$1_at_news.netins.net...

> 2) It doesn't read like English -- the verbs are missing, for example.
I'd
> like to keep some of Grace Hopper's goal alive of writing code that human
> beings can read

This is where I agree with you.

This is where the "priesthood" consistently underestimates the "laity". In their ability to understand "code" and in the value of writing code they can read.

I would say the same applies whether it's declarative or imperative.

> 3) While hiding much that should be hidden, it "feels like" so much gets
> hidden that people spend time trying to figure out how it does things in
> order to be good at writing declarations

That's because people are trying to be too clever by half. Received on Tue Jun 15 2004 - 12:55:03 CDT