Re: BOOLEAN RELATIONSHIPS: HARD QUESTION

From: x <x-false_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:36:09 +0300

"Jacopo" <jacopols_at_libero.it> wrote in message news:bLnzc.110599$Qc.4194951_at_twister1.libero.it...
> Thank you very much for your help. Maybe the one you gave me is not the
> definitive solution since I haven't been able to explain you everything
but
> the idea is great and made me think.
> Let me ask you if I correctly understood what you said:
> I can create a table with all the possible combination of A, B, and C, an
> identifier of the combination and a flag to tell if it is allowed or not.
> In the second table a field with the ABC combination identifier and the
> possible D items associated with it.
> I need to think about it but it looks good.
> My only worry at the moment: 25 items in A, 10 in B, 10 in C means
> 25*10*10=2500 record.

Wel, you could try to store only the allowed combinations. Or the forbidden ones.
But I strongly suggest you think more about what cause the forbidden combinations.

> I simplified in my explanation but the machine we build are really complex
> and so I guess in the end the entries in the frist table could be
millions.

Are you sure your model of the machine is adequate for solving this problem ?
Maybe you missed something. Only you can know. .