Re: One Ring to Bind Them

From: Eric Kaun <ekaun_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:01:14 GMT

Yes, you're right on all counts.

It seems that at some point in the history of computing, software developers decided to traipse down the path of implementation, rather than the other fork: declarative logic. Somehow thinking like a processor, juggling long procedures and registers (objects), is deemed better than writing engines / JVMs / compilers that take declarative statements and generate the necessary procedures.