Re: cdt

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 09:54:19 -0400

(re: "location")
"Alan" <alan_at_erols.com> wrote in message news:2ij96jFnk21uU1_at_uni-berlin.de...
> Not relevant to a logical model at all.

Except when discussing the utility of a logical model in the context of a larger project.

The fact that the RDM establishes relationships without pinning down locations is part of the reason why it has more data independence than some other models. This is turn is one of the things that make the RDM a good candidate for logical modelling.

I think that the term "access paths" in the Codd 1970 paper is related to what we often call "location". What do D&D have to say about "access paths and or location"? Received on Mon Jun 07 2004 - 15:54:19 CEST

Original text of this message