Re: Nearest Common Ancestor Report (XDb1's $1000 Challenge)

From: Lee Fesperman <firstsql_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 00:50:39 GMT

Lee Fesperman wrote:
> Neo is completely without integrity ... changing his software in an attempt to prevent
> you from claiming the prize. Who would buy a database from this man?

Let me add this, since it has not been mentioned. Before issuing his challenge, Neo had every chance to select the absolute best problem to illustrate how his 'thing' (XDb1) is better than an off-the-shelf SQL DBMS. He failed!

Additionally, no one knows how much he tuned his product to win, even to the point of hardcoding output, prior to issuing the challenge.

It appalls me how many are taken in by snake oil salesman (thanks for the quote, Bob Badour) like Neo who claim to have a better solution than the relational model. The relational model was invented and published over thirty years ago. In all that time, there has been no serious challenger for an alternate data model. Why do people want to believe that some shyster can do it? Oh well, there's a sucker born every minute.

Silver bullets are only good for werewolves ;^)

--
Lee Fesperman, FirstSQL, Inc. (http://www.firstsql.com)
* The Ultimate DBMS is here!