Re: database systems and organizational intelligence

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: 24 May 2004 05:04:13 -0700

"mountain man" <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op> wrote in message news:<Diwrc.1887$L.919_at_news-server.bigpond.net.au>...

> We define the concept of organizational intelligence

You and who else? :)

> as the dynamic
> sum of all levels of code associated with an organization's database
> system, in addition to the data and the data structure.

It seems an horrible term for applications.

> We then make the claim that in the final analysis it is in fact the
> management of organizational intelligence, rather than the data,
> that is the essence of the theory of database systems
> management.
>
> Is this claim reasonable?

What on earth "the theory of database systems management" is?

What is evident is that the essence of the theory of database management is not application code management!

Code is simply a way to implement rules (business rules and presentation rules for instance), and procedural imperative code is a rather primitive way (for both).

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Mon May 24 2004 - 14:04:13 CEST

Original text of this message