Re: Transitive Closure with XDb1

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 May 2004 21:44:37 -0700

> > RDM's TClose(Tbl_Child) returns:
> > god adam
> > god eve
> > god john
> > adam john
> > eve john
> >
> > where as XDb1's T_Relative(god, rChild) returns:
> > adam
> > eve
> > john
>
> And the latter is exactly what would returned if you qualified RDM's
> TClose(Tbl_Child) with WHERE whole = 'god'.

Yes, I see the relationship between the two more clearly now.

> I suppose XDb1 also has some way to show the equialent of the RDM's TClose
> with no where clause (as shown above).

Not directly, but it could be derived as T_Relative() also returns the path to the current result encoded in an array. Thus when it returns john, the array would be [god, adam, john]. If the function's distinct flag is disabled, it would return john a second time and the array would be [god, eve, john].

> ... and a way to get all parents from the same data,
> like the RDM's TClose(Tbl_Child) WHERE part = 'john'

Yes, T_Relative(john, rParent) would return: adam, eve, god. Received on Sat May 15 2004 - 06:44:37 CEST

Original text of this message