Re: c.d.theory lexicon overview

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 15:51:37 GMT

>>> Say what? I would put it in the category of pure science.
>>
>>What do you mean by pure science?
>>
>>I would say that if something such as "pure science" exists, it would be
>>very "hands on" "get your hands dirty" type stuff. And most definitely
>>NOT an exercise mostly in brain-power.
>
> I think you are confusing application of science with the science
>itself, that is, implementation vs. analysis.

Pure science is positivist science. Positivist science tries to develop accurate mathematical models of the physical world.

On the other hand mathematics are self contained (tautologies) and independent to the physical world.

In my country mathematics are called "exact sciences" but not pure sciences.

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Wed May 12 2004 - 17:51:37 CEST

Original text of this message