Re: Wishing trolls away

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 08:50:43 GMT

On Tue, 11 May 2004 18:37:16 -0300,
=?iso-8859-1?q?Leandro_Guimar=E3es_Faria_Corsetti_Dutra?= <leandro_at_dutra.fastmail.fm> wrote:

> I am sorely disappointed, the group has reverted to a trolling
>field by sellers of sad OO, MV, XML, whatever snake oil who have no
>interest in learning anything sane.

I agree :(

> I guess there comes a point where only *moderated* mailing
>lists can bear intelligent conversation.

The problem is that in most moderated lists the moderator is also an snake oil salesmen or an ignorant.

IMO the best thing we can do is to ignore the non interesting posts.

MV is specially uninteresting because it is commercially dead and very discredited.

If I want to discredit a MV product in the eyes of my manager I only have to say that it is similar to the ancient Pick.

The object persistence/prevalence snake oil salesmen are an actual threat for my job, but fortunately that stuff is not very popular in the group.

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Wed May 12 2004 - 10:50:43 CEST

Original text of this message