Re: What predicates the following relation represents

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 14:12:36 -0400

"robert" <gnuoytr_at_rcn.com> wrote in message news:da3c2186.0405060759.5f17fbf9_at_posting.google.com...

> (and if you're phobic about joins, find another line of work)

Excellent!

> unfortunately, the MV/XML/java twinks are pounding the drum these days.
> Dr. Codd gave us Data Independence with the RM. the twinks are
> sending us back to the days of COBOL/VSAM, where the only way to
> comprehend the data is through the application code. that is STUPID.

Too true. Unfortunately, these people can create databases where the data is widely shared,
but the comprehension of the data is encapsulated inside some inaccessible object. And they think this makes sense!

Then again, I've read COBOL code that only a geek can decipher. That's not what COBOL is supposed to be for.

As somebody else's tag line says, fools are so ingenious. Received on Thu May 06 2004 - 20:12:36 CEST

Original text of this message