Re: Pre-relational, post-relational, 1968 CODASYL "Survey of Data Base Systems"

From: Ken North <knorth2_at_deletethis.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:00:39 -0700

> It was a product by a German company, but I don't remember which one.

Software AG.

Comparative Data Base Management Systems Seminar Ambassador Hotel, Los Angeles (October 10-12, 1974) (produced by TRW, sponsored by UCLA Extension)
DBMS                                  Provider
--------                                  -------------
DMS 6000                           Burroughs
ADABAS *                          Software AG
IDMS                                   Cullinane
IDS                                       Honeywell
IMS                                      IBM
System 2000                         MRI
TOTAL                                 Cincom
GIM                                      TRW
DMS 1100                            Sperry-Univac
EDMS                                   Xerox
Reality                                    Microdata

  • acronym: Adaptable DAata BAse System. Available on IBM 360, 370, Siemens 4000, RCA Spectra 70. Host language interfaces: assembler, PL/I, COBOL, FORTRAN