List Database Theories

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:14:39 -0500

In an effort to play by the rules of the game, I'd like to get a handle on the purpose of this forum.

For starters, what are some currently valid database theories about which we can hold discussions in this forum? How many of them are there and what are the names by which they are called?

Additionally, is it valid to discuss how one arrives at such a theory, what the purpose of such a theory is, whether a theory achieves its purpose, etc or is the purpose of this list to work with data within the framework of a mathematical model only?

Thanks. --dawn
P.S. I posted a question yesterday with a subject something like "Views, Nodes, and number of data portals" to which Kevin P responded that we should stick to theory (or some such) and both my original post and Kevin's response are missing from both my ISP's news and the google groups cdt list of postings. While this could be a technical glitch of some sort, I'm guessing that someone had the power to remove the thread and did. Does anyone know how to get that thread back or where it might have gone? Received on Tue Apr 27 2004 - 07:14:39 CDT