Re: Date's First Great Blunder

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 08:22:16 -0400

You are correct, NEO.

"Color is NULL" is the absence of an assertion about color. Why is it NULL? Maybe the data entry person left a field blank.

Maybe the current object is an idea, and ideas don't have colors.

As far as "divergence from reality" goes, a database doesn't represent reality. It represents what we think we know about reality. The difference is subtle but important. Received on Sun Apr 25 2004 - 07:22:16 CDT