Re: Grammatical Inconsistencies

From: Timothy J. Bruce <uniblab_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:31:19 GMT

[I'm going to hate myself in the morning for this...]

The cartesian product of any number of sets defines a RELATION. The intersection, union, and symetric difference of any number of sets defines a SET.

Patrick Suppes: ``Introduction to Logic'', Van Norstrand Company, Inc
(August 1968)

Ralph P. Grimaldi: ``Discrete and Combinatorial Mathematics'', Reading-Mass.: Addison-Wesley (1985)
Larry J. Goldstein, David I. Schneider, Martha J. Siegel: ``Finite Mathematics And Its Applications'', Prentice-Hall, Inc (1995) Kolman, Bubsy, Ross: ``Discrete Mathematical Structures'', Prentice-Hall
(2000)

Donald E. Knuth: ``The Art of Computer Programming: Volume 1: Fundamental Algorithms (third edition)'', Addison-Wesley (1997) Donald E. Knuth: ``The Art of Computer Programming: Volume 3: Sorting and Searching (second edition)'', Addison-Wesley (1998)

But what would Knuth know since he isn't a ``relational guy'', Timothy J. Bruce
uniblab_at_hotmail.com
</RANT> Received on Thu Apr 22 2004 - 14:31:19 CDT