Re: Date's First Great Blunder

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:20:29 +0200

Being the champion at topic-raising comes with a responsability.

I don't like the title. While I don't like object bashing, person-bashing is no improvement. So for the next thread: Your content deserves better subject lines. Please?

Dawn M. Wolthuis wrote:
> C. J. Date has written about what he calls "The First Great Blunder" related
> to this question: What concept is it in the relational world that is the
> counterpart to the concept of object class in the object world?

The complementing question would be: What concept is it in the object world that is the counterpart to the concept of relation in the relational world?

That is, *if* these two worlds are separable. Are they? If they are, are they the only ones or are there more worlds?

Hm... the subject line bothers me more than I thought. But I won't

       s/te/wn/

So only 2 Eurocents for now.
Later. :-/ Received on Wed Apr 14 2004 - 11:20:29 CEST

Original text of this message