Recommended papers / books

From: Scottie Swenson <swenson_at_heronetwork.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 23:42:11 -0700

Greetings,

I am doing research into distributed database designs. I have run into a few scattered papers and even fewer books.

I am considering getting "Principles of Distributed Database Systems" 2nd Edition, by M. Tamer Ozsu and Patrick Valduriez. But, the reviews for this books are weak at best. The reviewers mention that there are better references without actually pointing out what those may be.

Any suggestions? Or is this a reasonable reference for the current designs?

Cheers,
Scottie Received on Sat Apr 10 2004 - 08:42:11 CEST

Original text of this message