Re: Order & meaning in a proposition

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 20:15:47 -0500

"mAsterdam" <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> wrote in message news:4071fc03$0$562$e4fe514c_at_news.xs4all.nl...
> Dawn M. Wolthuis wrote:
>
> > ... there still seems to be an aspect
> > missing that is integral to understanding data -- language.
>
> You might want to also read Larry Wall on postmodernism.

Thanks for the tip -- I had not read anything from him bz I don't "do" Perl (on the "someday-maybe" list), but he is delightful to read -- thanks! I love his comments related to computer languages, such as "Recall that the essence of Modernism is to take one cool idea and drive it into the ground." The next sentence didn't have the word "relations" in it, but it might have. Smiles. --dawn Received on Tue Apr 06 2004 - 03:15:47 CEST

Original text of this message