Re: What predicates the following relation represents

From: Mikito Harakiri <mikharakiri_at_iahu.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:45:39 -0800

"Mikito Harakiri" <mikharakiri_at_iahu.com> wrote in message news:jbDac.26$rc5.89_at_news.oracle.com...
> My humble interpretation is that the SALES table with attributes PART and
> SOLD is still physical model. This relation on logical level is
>
> select PART, sum(SOLD) from SALES
> group by PART

I'm not quite sure this view written in SQL is the right expression. The result of this query should return all the parts listed in the database. Those not listed in the SALES table would obviously have quantity 0. That view is not ambiguous. Received on Wed Mar 31 2004 - 19:45:39 CEST

Original text of this message