Re: Where to discuss relational modelling?

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 13:51:49 -0500

> So the question is, is there any forum -- newsgroup, mailing
> list, web-based, whatever -- where one can post specific problems with
> huge background information and get sound, informed opinions based on
> relational theory on one hand, and SQL limitations on the other?

I'd love to see a newsgroup called news:comp.databases.design

It would be about modeling and design issues that are not limited to a single product.

It would get many of the more low level questions, like "how do I represent a many to many relationship?"
out of this forum.

And it might generate some useful dialogue. Does anybody else agree? Received on Sun Mar 28 2004 - 20:51:49 CEST

Original text of this message