Re: Testing Various Data Models?

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 12:50:49 -0600

"Mikito Harakiri" <mikharakiri_at_iahu.com> wrote in message news:Qbo3c.17$X%.142_at_news.oracle.com...

> "Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com> wrote in message
> > I would very much like to see such a competition because my intuition,
> > without sufficient scientifically gathered emperical data, is that the
> > relational model ought to be retired.
>
> Did you receive ACM Turing award recently? Because, this kind of statement
> can be taken seriously only as a part of ACM Turing award speech.

Being one of the few with "women's intuition" who speak up on this list ;-) I'll add to it that I really, truly did dream that a person was dead and awoke to hear that they were. So, even if you don't take my intuition seriously, I do. smiles. --dawn
P.S. Even if someone has a hunch with no backing whatsoever (which is not the case here), it is a good idea to find a way to test out such a hunch, right? Received on Tue Mar 09 2004 - 19:50:49 CET

Original text of this message