Re: Multiple specification of constraints

From: ben brugman <ben_at_niethier.nl>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 14:58:33 +0100

> Great example, Ben! Users, including programmers, figure out how to get
> around their "constraints" to solve their problems. I doubt any one of us
> would recommend this as a good data solution (adding the department to the
> end of the last name), so let's figure out how to encourage better
solutions
> instead. Cheers! --dawn

What does define better solutions ?
We have taken all arguments given here into account, plus our own arguments.
And for the given conditions the best solution was choosen.

No we would not recommend such a solution during the development fase either. The solution is probably temporary as well.

The point was to demonstrate that the theoretycally best solution is not always the best practical solution.

ben brugman Received on Tue Mar 09 2004 - 14:58:33 CET

Original text of this message