Re: Multiple specification of constraints

From: ben brugman <ben_at_niethier.nl>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 14:23:03 +0100

>, the above example could be done just as easily using a view.

No you can not, because you need a complete development cycle to get that implemented. A view that is not used in the application serves no function. To use the view the appliation must be changed. Changing an application is not trivial.

> But
> if the data is actually stored in the person name, then you've got a
> maintenance problem. Every time a person changes department, you have to
> edit his or her name too?

Yes, you have to, but that is no problem.

> The long-term consequences of that far outweigh
> the tiny amount of time it might save you. Silly.

The user satisfaction far outweight the long-term consequences of this solution.
In the long term this can be mended.

Usersatisfaction is not something that is silly.

We understand the consequences of this solution, your arguments against this were allready mentioned when I gave the example. The example was specifically given to demonstrate that sometimes real live arguments can outweight the theoretical arguments. Why can you theorist not appreciate that others can have a preverence for a solution that is different from your solution. Received on Tue Mar 09 2004 - 14:23:03 CET

Original text of this message