Re: object algebra

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:08:37 GMT

"Neo" <neo55592_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4b45d3ad.0402290702.746c5b13_at_posting.google.com...
> > But it *does* match reality. If Bob has no eyes, and Mary has no
> > eyes, then *in reality* all of Bob's eyes have the same color
> > as Mary's eyes. The model and the reality match perfectly.
>
> Then we have an impasse for now:
> My logic says, in reality, if Bob and Mary have no eyes, they
> can't/don't have the same eyeColor because it doesn't apply to them.
>
> Your logic says, in reality, if Bob and Mary have no eyes, they have
> the same eyeColor.

The impasse might be resolved if we can agree on a well-formed formula that describes exactly the query that we've been talking about informally.

http://www.google.com/search?q=well+formed+formula

You might try it; it's a fun exercise.

Marshall Received on Sun Feb 29 2004 - 19:08:37 CET

Original text of this message