Re: Multiple specification of constraints

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 06:15:32 GMT

"Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_golden.net> wrote in message news:RPmdnV9G1rQqgd3d4p2dnA_at_golden.net...

> > Yes, exactly my thought. For example, there should be some way to
> > have a C++ program "download" constraint logic from the dbms and
> > verify it against local data. This might mean a code generation step,
> > or it might mean an embedded interpreter, although given how much
> > C++ depends on ahead-of-time compilation there might be no point
> > to the interpreter. For more dynamic languages, the interpreter might
> > even be the language's native interpreter.
>
> I suggest you consider using a higher level language than C++ and
> distributing the dbms onto the client.

Agree on both points.

Actually, I dropped C++ in the mid nineties, but I keep it in mind when discussing the reality of software development today, because it is still the most popular language (for current development, as best I can tell.)

Marshall Received on Sat Feb 28 2004 - 07:15:32 CET

Original text of this message