Re: object algebra

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Feb 2004 16:58:33 -0800

> > So are you in favor of NULLs (or its patches) and the resulting weaker
> > realtionships?
>
> I am against nulls. I'm not sure, but I think perhaps the only relationship
> I recognize is set membership. I do not currently see the need for different
> kinds of relationships.

Applying your logic, that set elements are only determined by mere insertion, then in your db the following sets would be acceptable?

Color = {red, green, banana, 8}
Fruit = {apple, grape, brown, 7}
Number = {5, 6, blue, peach}

While there are sets where the relationship between it and its elements is very, very general, a system built with only weak/general relationships, would not be useful for many applications. Received on Sat Feb 28 2004 - 01:58:33 CET

Original text of this message