Re: Codd provided appropriate mathematics ... (was Re: Relational and MV (response to "foundations of relational theory"))

From: Tom Hester <$$tom_at_metadata.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:53:23 -0800

This is just plain false.  There have been many relational models proposed that are not 1NF.  See for example, ABITEBOUL, S.; BIDOIT, N. Non first normal form relations to represent hierarchically organized data. In: PODS, 1984. Proceedings. . .Note the date: 1984.  This is supposed to be a database theory board but it seems more religious than theoretical!