Re: object algebra

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Feb 2004 21:41:37 -0800

> RDM doesn't have tables internally either.
> RDM has no internals - it's a MODEL.

All models have internals. By internal, I mean the rules of the model. Here is the basic rule of RDM: Per Date, a relation, consists of 1) a heading of a fixed set of attributes 2) a body consisting of tuples (rows), each containing of values related to the heading.

The above rule is used to store data. The data is arrange in table-like structures which is not to say the data in those table-like structures can't represent tables, trees, 4-D, but that it will be better for some (tables) than others (trees). This is why RDM has difficulty expressing and coding the example shown at www.xdb1.com/Example/Ex076.asp Of course someone could prove me wrong by providing an equivalent (null-less and normalized) solution. Received on Fri Feb 27 2004 - 06:41:37 CET

Original text of this message