Re: object algebra

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Feb 2004 09:34:53 -0800

> > And now please write a query that returns an aggregate age of all persons.
>
> test=> select sum(to_number(object,'99')) from EX76 where object in
> ( select subject from EX76 where relator = 'isa' AND object = 'age');
>
> Compare the length and clarity of the above SQL with Neo's pseudocode.

If I use unnormalized data, the result would be similar. Can you use normalized data and solve the problem with similar level of genericness so that we can compare "length and clarity"?

Are you advocating unnormalized data? If not why provide unnormalized solutions? Received on Thu Feb 26 2004 - 18:34:53 CET

Original text of this message