Re: object algebra

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Feb 2004 09:13:51 -0800

> Could you show us the parenthesized representation of a three node
> directed graph, with nodes A, B, and C, and arcs from A->B, B->C,
> and C->A? If you believe that relations are unnecessary, then you
> should be able to do it without directly encoding a relation into
> your expression.

I am not sure I understand the problem correctly. I take a blank piece of paper.
I draw 3 nodes on it.
I label the nodes A, B and C.

I draw a line with an arrow pointing from A to B.
I draw a line with an arrow pointing from B to C.
I draw a line with an arrow pointing from C to A.
The result looks something like the figure below:

Which aspects of the above diagram do you want me to represent? Did you want it to form a loop? Are you asking me to represent the above diagram with a relational expression using only A, B, C and the operators intersection, union, negation and grouping with parentheses? Received on Thu Feb 26 2004 - 18:13:51 CET

Original text of this message