Re: object algebra

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2004 12:38:36 -0800

> NULL was brought on by the primitive data type system in SQL DBMS',
> not anything intrinsic to the relational model, as I'm sure has been
> explained to you before.

NULLs are not created by SQL.
NULLs are not created by RDM's primitive data type system. NULLs are caused by a mismatch between RDM's ability to model data in some applications under some conditions. For example, RDM says to reality, my tuple MUST have X, Y, Z. Reality says, I can only give you X and Y. RDM then fills Z with NULL. RDM creates NULLs. Under the same conditions, TDM/XDb1 does not create a NULL. Received on Wed Feb 25 2004 - 21:38:36 CET

Original text of this message