Re: object algebra

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2004 11:00:06 -0800

> One of the great strengths of the relational model is that *nothing*
> is application-specific. The data stands on its own. Applications
> come and go, and get rewritten in the current tools in vogue, but the
> data is still needed.

One of the great strengths of relational algebra is that it is the least application specific (as far as we know for now). Although RDM is very close subset of relational algebra, it is not equivalent to relational algebra. Also where in relational algebra do you find NULLs?

Applications themselves are data too, just much more complex :) Received on Wed Feb 25 2004 - 20:00:06 CET

Original text of this message