Re: object algebra

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2004 10:41:17 -0800

> > > all data in one table with one column models nothing.
> >
> > And yet, your computer does exactly this.
> > The one-columned table is otherwise known as memory :)
>
> That doesn't work. What column is the address?

Your are technically correct. It is actually a two-columned table. I referred to it as a "one-columned" table because the address of a tuple is typically not shown in RDM implementations, thus in MS Access, it appears as a "one-columned" table. When Access presents a "one-columned" table, the address column is equivalent to the left gray-colored column where the little triangle travels up and down in. Received on Wed Feb 25 2004 - 19:41:17 CET

Original text of this message