Re: DatePart

From: mountain man <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 04:55:06 GMT

"Bob Hairgrove" <wouldnt_you_like_at_to_know.com> wrote in message news:d93c309u0o59f19lni3kf5do0jp0h6274q_at_4ax.com...
> On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 03:24:38 GMT, "mountain man"
> <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op> wrote:
>
> >What language is this?
>
> MSAccess also has a DatePart() function. However, it's not portable
> (neither is the date syntax #...#).

> >The original post specified the *datepart()* function.
> >This is a standard function in SQL server.
>
> So maybe not everyone uses SQL Server, either. I tried to suggest a
> solution which (except for the #...#) would work in other environments
> as well.

The generalist approach has merit, I was just not sure whether in fact it was a "proprietory database language" that you used, or whether some specific SQL form.

The collective responses time and time again highlight the fact that the task can often be more-than-comfortably done by a number of disparate methods.

Pete Brown Received on Sat Feb 21 2004 - 05:55:06 CET

Original text of this message